An important reminder for all passengers coming from Hootsuite:
Set up your account to receive the maximum value from Sociality.io. Switching to a new tool is always frustrating and hesitation to leave things is status quo is tempting. So, take a deep breathe and take your time to set up a complete account. It is not complicated. We promise. Simply follow the guidelines provided down below.
1. Link the social media accounts of your brands to the system by clicking the ”+Add New Social Profile" button
2. With the Settings button, you can edit or delete the account
3. Optional: Add your ad account and track your ad comments
4. Add Brand by clicking at "+"
5. Upload the logo of your brand
Social media marketing is impossible without organic collaboration and a suitable tool that facilitates it. Invite your team members and build a hierarchy of accesses.
Account Settings > Users > All users in your team will be listed on the screen
1. To add a new user click on “Add new user”
2. With the settings buttons, you can edit and delete the user
You can manage team members’ accesses and permissions to ensure productive collaboration. To enable it go to Account Settings > Users > Create / Edit User.
1. There are 2 different types. The ”Admin" type has access to the entire management panel and has full authority. The ”Manager" type has limited access to brands and roles.
2. You can identify the brands that managers can access and the roles/access privileges for these brands.
Sociality.io in comparison to Hootsuite enables you to monitor not only your social media performance but to understand and analyze competitor’s profiles as well. However, to achieve any results and gather data from their account, you need to add those competitors to the system.
Go to Account Settings > Competitive Analysis, where you will find accounts you want to perform a competitive analysis are listed on this screen.
1. You can define your competitors' social media accounts for comparison by clicking on the ”+ Add New Competitor Profile" button.
2. Optional: with the Settings and Delete buttons, you can edit and delete the analysis account.
After clicking on “Add New competitor profile” a new window will open.
1. You can set the related timezone for the profile you added.
2. Once you have selected the channel type, you should write the name of your competitor the same way as in the corresponding account. The basic data belonging to the account will be displayed on the right. If everything is ok you can complete the process of adding an account to be analyzed by clicking the "Save" button.
3. You can set the color you would like to assign to the competitor page from here
To understand what online audiences think about your business we’ve built Sociality.io Listen tool. It tracks keywords across the entire web and social media and gathers them as in one place. But before you need to identify and point to system what it needs to track. It can be your company name, product name, competitors name, industry-related keyword, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Account Settings > Listening to This screen lists the keywords to be tracked on news sites, blogs, forums, and social media.
1. After clicking on “Add new topic” a new window will appear.
2. Choose the source first (Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Web)
3. Specify language
4. You can include as well as exclude keywords. The system will scan social media and web feeds containing any of the keywords entered in “Or” and “And” sections. You can use «and» to search two words together. The system will reject keywords entered in “Exclude” section.
5. Also, you can specify a location
With the content calendar, you can access your brand's past and planned content across all social networks.
This how you're familiar to you Hootsuite Content calendar looks like:
Hootsuite Publisher consists of several subsections: Drafts, Scheduled, Requires Approval, Expired Approval, and Rejected.
In Sociality.io Publish tool the content calendar looks differently and has several ways to display posts.
For example, all the usual subsections are combines on one dashboard and are categories by color, that specifies the meaning of labels of the content.
The calendar can be customized to your preferences. You can change the view of the calendar with month, week and agenda view. Also, you can view your content in a calendar view and Social feed, that displays a zoomed version of all posts. You can pay attention to more details, for example, as fewer posts are being displayed on a screen.
Creating a new social media post is very intuitive and in fact, can be done in 3 different ways.
However, the composing new post process is slightly different in comparison to Hootsuite.
In Sociality.io you pick the format in the beginning: photo, video, cover photo or status. In Hootsuite, you simply drag and drop or insert media to the media box.
At the bottom, you can send for approval to an approver. We will talk about in more details.
In Sociality.io social media posts, creators can either send for approval, schedule or publish right away (depending on access and permission).
When a social media marketer sends a post for approval, it appears in yellow color on the calendar dashboard.
You can approve it right away. Or open for a preview where you can either edit it, add a note, approve or delete it.
Hootsuite engagement happens in their “Streams”, which are completely customizable and can be connected to any of your social media profiles.
Sociality.io and Hootsuite have two different approaches to Engaging with followers/subscribers.
1. Hootsuite streams allow you to use social media accounts as if you are using them in the social media itself.
2. You can engage like follower’s posts or reply or directly respond to a stream
3. You can share or retweet as is or with a quote
4. Your engagement can be published immediately or scheduled for later
5. You can view full users profile, who have engaged with you.
6. By clicking on users profile a window opens and you can Follow, unfollow, DM, reply ad add to a Twitter list.
7. You can view the post natively at the social media
8. If a post, in particular, is getting a lot of engagement you can open a separate stream for it.
Sociality.io, on the other hand, offers a tool that brings structure to the way companies communicate with followers/subscribers.
In the engage section it shows you every person, who has left a comment or message. Important messages or customer feedback can easily be left unrecognized in Streams. Whereas in Engage section organizes comments and direct messages in one place. Moreover, Sociality.io treats them as important points of interaction. Thus, you can filter all requests, archive, create a custom report and many more features to ensure a productive engagement with your audience.
1. Filter requests. You can filter based on date, social media, type of interaction ( comment, message, Instagram mention, Instagram Ad comment, Facebook visitor post), Read or unread status.
2. Archive the engagement to collect data and analyze engagement in the future.
3. Respond by deleting, hiding comment or sending a direct message
4. Star as important.
5. Add notes for teammates for better collaboration. You can have a small conversation about a follower or subscriber and suggest to each other better ways of solving the issue or answering to feedback, for example.
6. Assign to engage with a team member. You can add a team member’s email so that she/he will receive an email notification to complete the assigned task.
7. Process data as you wish for the conversation
8. Open profile for each account. If your company wants to treat loyalist differently or in general pay close attention to customers across social media, then adding personal notes, contact information will help other team members to be on the same track.
Measuring performance and analyzing your social media marketing presence is a major challenge. It takes time to gather all the data from different sources. Hootsuite and Sociality.io prepare reports in seconds.
Similar to the Publisher feature, Analytics on Hootsuite also is divided into subsections: Overview, Post performance, and Reports.
In Sociality.io these three sections are combined into one.
In a single report, you get all data about the growth of followers, engagement, all posts performance at the bottom of each report as well as deep data about retweets, likes, audience demographics, etc.
Strictly speaking, one report includes Hootsuite’ overview section first, following by Reports and then by Post performance.
However, Sociality.io provides reports for all kind of purposes. Report tool doesn’t only show engagement and post-performance as Hootsuite does, but rather is a Report tool for all your social media marketing team. You can export all reports for Social profiles, Competitors, Listening and even Conversation activities from the Engage tool.