Good morning! Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome onboard! Our flight is departing from Buffer and heading to Sociality.io your ultimate all-in-one social media management platform. We’d like to provide you our product migration guide.
Your Sociality.io team is here to ensure you have a successful and enjoyable user experience.
Please fasten your seat belt and thank you for choosing our tool. We wish you a smooth transition.
It is our pleasure to serve you today!
An important reminder for all passengers coming from Buffer:
- Don’t worry about your precious data being lost. Sociality.io ensures to save your 3-month guaranteed data from all your social media profiles.
- Sociality.io offers more unique and powerful features that improve and enhance your social media marketing efforts.
- We have a detailed comparison of Buffer vs Sociality.io available here
Table of content:
- Where do you start first
- Difference between Sociallity.io Publish and Buffer
- What does Engage mean to you?
- Track your numbers
- Where do you start first?
Set up your account to receive the maximum value from Sociality.io. Switching to a new tool is always frustrating and hesitation to leave things is status quo is tempting. So, take a deep breathe and take your time to set up a complete account. It is not complicated. We promise. Simply follow the guidelines provided down below.
Step 1: Add Brand
- Link the social media accounts of your brands to the system by clicking the ”+Add New Social Profile” button
- With the Settings button, you can edit or delete the account
- Optional: Add your ad account and track your ad comments
- Add Brand by clicking at “+”
- Upload the logo of your brand
Step 2: Invite team members
Social media marketing is impossible without organic collaboration and a suitable tool that facilitates it. Invite your team members and build a hierarchy of accesses.
Account Settings > Users > All users in your team will be listed on the screen
- To add a new user click on “Add new user”
- With the settings buttons, you can edit and delete the user
You can manage team members’ accesses and permissions to ensure productive collaboration. To enable it go to Account Settings > Users > Create / Edit User.
- There are 2 different types. The ”Admin” type has access to the entire management panel and has full authority. The ”Manager” type has limited access to brands and roles.
- You can identify the brands that managers can access and the roles/access privileges for these brands.
Step 3: Add competitors
Sociality.io in comparison to Buffer enables you to monitor not only your social media performance but to understand and analyze competitor’s profiles as well. However, to achieve any results and gather data from their account, you need to add those competitors to the system.
Go to Account Settings > Competitive Analysis, where you will find accounts you want to perform a competitive analysis are listed on this screen.
- You can define your competitors’ social media accounts for comparison by clicking on the ”+ Add New Competitor Profile” button.
- Optional: with the Settings and Delete buttons, you can edit and delete the analysis account.
After clicking on “Add New competitor profile” a new window will open.
- You can set the related timezone for the profile you added.
- Once you have selected the channel type, you should write the name of your competitor the same way as in the corresponding account. The basic data belonging to the account will be displayed on the right. If everything is ok you can complete the process of adding an account to be analyzed by clicking the “Save” button.
- You can set the color you would like to assign to the competitor page from here
Step 4: Listen to keywords
To understand what online audiences think about your business we’ve built Sociality.io Listen tool. It tracks keywords across the entire web and social media and gathers them as in one place. But before you need to identify and point to system what it needs to track. It can be your company name, product name, competitors name, industry-related keyword, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Account Settings > Listening to This screen lists the keywords to be tracked on news sites, blogs, forums, and social media.
- After clicking on “Add new topic” a new window will appear.
- Choose the source first (Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Web)
- Specify language
- You can include as well as exclude keywords. The system will scan social media and web feeds containing any of the keywords entered in “Or” and “And” sections. You can use «and» to search two words together. The system will reject keywords entered in “Exclude” section.
- Also, you can specify a location
2. Difference between Sociallity.io Publish and Buffer Publish
With the content calendar, you can access your brand’s past and planned content across all social networks.
This how you’re familiar to you Buffer Publish dashboard and Content calendar look like:
The displayed times are customizable in accordance to your needs.
If you click on Week or Month view a new window opens
Buffer Publish consists of several subsections: Queue, Analytics, Awaiting approval, Drafts, Settings.
In Sociality.io Publish tool the content calendar looks differently and has several ways to display posts.
For example, all the usual subsections are combined on one dashboard and are categorized by color, that specifies the meaning of labels of the content.
The calendar can be customized to your preferences. You can change the view of the calendar with month, week and agenda view. Also, you can view your content in a calendar view and Social feed, that displays a zoomed version of all posts. You can pay attention to more details, for example, as fewer posts are being displayed on a screen.
Creating a new social media post is very intuitive and in fact, can be done in 3 different ways.
However, the composing new post process is slightly different in comparison to Buffer.
In Buffer a pop-up window opens, where the process is very simple. Buffer allows you to copy+past in the same window all the contents and choose social media at the top. (aka Bulk Buffer) After the posts are ready you have a few scheduling options: Add to Queue, Share Now or Schedule Post.
In Sociality.io you also first choose social media and then pick the format in the beginning: photo, video, cover photo or status.
At the bottom, you can send for approval to an approver. (We will talk about in more details.)
One difference in scheduling you need to know is that Sociality.io doesn’t have Buffer’s “Share Now” (available only to Business plan users) or “Add to Queue” options. You can only either Publish Now, Schedule for later or Send for approval. Notice that Buffer’s “Send to Draft” is equivalent to Sociality.io “Send for approval”.
In Buffer, all drafts are summarized in “Awaiting for approval section”. A team member with open access can either Delete, Edit, Move to Drafts or Approve.
In Sociality.io things are similar. While creating a new publication a user can either send for approval, schedule or publish right away (depending on access and permission).
When a social media marketer sends a post for approval, it appears in yellow color on the calendar dashboard. So, there is not a separate page for Drafts. However, all posts that are waiting for approval can easily be recognized by the distinct yellow color.
You can approve it right away. Or open for a preview where you can either edit it, add a note, approve or delete it.
3. What does Engage mean to you?
Buffer Reply and Sociality.io Engage are similar in functionality tools. We will talk about each Reply’s features you are used to. Buffer Tags, Notes, Personal accounts, Automation Rules, Statuses, etc.
Sociality.io is a tool that brings structure to the way companies communicate with followers/subscribers.
The Engage tool has 4 subsections: Conversations, Starred, Archive and Conversation Activities. Although the features might sound unfamiliar, in fact, a lot of actions you are used to in Buffer are available in Sociality.io. So you aren’t giving anything up. Moreover, you might find Sociality.io Engage tool more intuitive in use and suits your needs better.
In the engage section it shows you every person, who has left a comment or message. Whereas in Engage section organizes comments and direct messages in one place. Moreover, Sociality.io treats them as important points of interaction. Thus, you can filter all requests, archive, create a custom report and many more features to ensure a productive engagement with your audience.
Buffer Tag is available under Engage Conversation activities subsection.
Buffer Status is also available under Engage Conversation activities. Click on Sentiment, Category, and Attribution.
Sociality.io Engage Dashboard can be overwhelming at first glance, but the power behind each icon is incredible. You will love it!
Buffer displays you a user account at the right side. In Sociality.io you need to click on a user and a pop-up window will appear.
Moreover, if you need to assign the conversation to a teammate click on an arrow icon at the top right corner. While assigning a conversation to another member, you can include his/her email address (for email notification) as well as notes to introduce the issue.
And this is not it. Discover more powerful features you need for engaging conversations with your audience, and how you can improve productivity levels of your entire team.
- Filter requests. You can filter based on date, social media, type of interaction ( comment, message, Instagram mention, Instagram Ad comment, Facebook visitor post), Read or unread status.
- Archive the engagement to collect data and analyze engagement in the future.
- Respond by deleting, hiding comment or sending a direct message
- Star as important.
- Add notes for teammates for better collaboration. You can have a small conversation about a follower or subscriber and suggest to each other better ways of solving the issue or answering to feedback, for example.
- Assign to engage with a team member. You can add a team member’s email so that she/he will receive an email notification to complete the assigned task.
- Process data as you wish for the conversation
- Open profile for each account. If your company wants to treat loyalist differently or in general pay close attention to customers across social media, then adding personal notes, contact information will help other team members to be on the same track.
4. Track your numbers
Measuring performance and analyzing your social media marketing presence is a major challenge. It takes time to gather all the data from different sources. Buffer Analyze and Sociality.io prepare social media reports in seconds.
Buffer Analyze is a brand new tool, available under a separate pricing plan (similar to Buffer Reply). The company explains the creation of the tool in the following way:
“Whilst analytics and reports are available within Publish (and included in the cost), we found a need for some customers to have more powerful analytics tools. By creating Analyze as a separate product, we don’t have to include these more powerful tools for everybody, who might not need them, and raise the cost of the Publish Business Plans. With this setup, you only pay for the level of reporting that you need. The cost associated with Analyze allows us to dive really deep with the tool and dedicate a number of resources to building the best solution possible for those who need it.”
Sociality.io believes that every company from small startups to enterprises require access to a comprehensive analytical tool to make intelligent decisions. And if you used to be a Buffer simplest plan subscriber in Sociality.io you have access to all our powerful features.
Anyways, back to the Migration Guide.
In Buffer, you are used to Overview, Posts, Audience, Answers and Aggregate tabs. And you can add any of the charts and tables from the tabs to a custom report.
In Sociality.io prepares not only social media performance reports, but also includes Competitors, data from Social media listening tool (we talked about earlier) and Conversation activities Reports.
Social Profiles report is Buffer’s regular social media reports tool. But instead of dividing one report to Overview, Posts, Audience and Answer it Summarizes all the information in one Report.
Reports are fully customizable and can display you only information you need for your decision-making process.
In a single report, you get all data about the growth of followers, engagement, all posts performance at the bottom of each report as well as deep data about retweets, likes, audience demographics, etc.
However, Sociality.io provides reports for all kind of purposes. Report tool doesn’t only show engagement and post-performance as Buffer does, but rather is a Report tool for all your social media marketing team. You can export all reports for Social profiles, Competitors, Listening and even Conversation activities from the Engage tool.
Conversation Activities Reports
Listening to Keywords Report
Social media page engagement report
And lastly, you can let the system know that you want automatic reports to be sent to your email.
And All information from reports are exportable. Each and every chart and table you see can show metrics daily, weekly or monthly.
And even export reportable are customizable:
Ladies and Gentlemen, Now we are approaching to Sociality.io Master Certificate, where the local time is 12:00 AM. At this stage, you should be familiar and equipped with all the knowledge you need for a happy and productive user experience.
We hope you have enjoyed our migration guide. We are now preparing to land.
May I remind you that all Feedback and suggestions are welcomed by our wonderful crew aka support team.
We wish you a great day! Thank you for choosing Sociality.io!