Do not panic. By the number of articles available on this topic, you’ve guessed it right. Your hidden posts didn’t fall into the abyss and in fact, can be brought back. Find out how to unhide posts on Facebook. Whether you need to unhide posts or comments, on desktop or mobile, the Sociality.io team has prepared an article that answers all your questions.
How To Unhide a Facebook Post On Desktop?
Step 1: Log In To Your Facebook Account
Open your browser, a new window, or a new tab and go to Facebook. Enter your email/phone number and your password and log in to your social media platform.
Step 2: Find the Activity Log button
Once you are on FB, you’ll see an upside-down triangle icon located on the upper right corner; next to the messenger and notification icons.
Step 3: There are two ways to find the Activity Log button:
From your News Feed
- Click on the triangle
- Click Settings & Privacy
- Click the Activity Log button
From your own profile page
- Go to your profile
- Click on the … button on the upper right side, just below your cover photo
- Click the Activity Log button
How To Unhide a Facebook Post Using The Mobile App
Step 1: Open the Facebook app
Open your Facebook mobile app on your smartphone or tablet device. Sign in to your Facebook account.
Step 2: Locate Your ‘Activity Log’
Activity log shows your Facebook activity, such as posts you’ve created and things you’ve liked. You can select Manage Activity to manage posts you’ve created, including saving posts you no longer want to show on your profile in your archive, or moving post to trash where they will be deleted after 30 days.
Step 3: There are two ways to access your Activity Log with the mobile app:
Access your Activity Log from your News Feed
- Tap the three parallel horizontal lines in the lower right corner of the app to open the main menu
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- In this menu, click Settings
- Scroll down and click the Activity Log button. This is located in the section named after Your Facebook Information, around halfway down the page.
Access your Activity Log From your profile
- Click on your profile icon on the main page of the app or open the menu in the lower right corner and then tap on your profile icon at the top of the page.
- Find the three dots (…) under your profile picture and click. You’ll see the Activity Log button right there.
Step 4: Click On ‘Hidden From Timeline”
The default view of your Activity Log shows all the actions you’ve taken on Facebook, from your posts to reactions to what you’ve typed in the Facebook Search Bar to comments to who you’ve become friends with.
Find your hidden posts
Find your hidden posts from the mobile app:
- Click Filters on the upper left side
- Click Category
- Click Logged Actions and Other Activity
- Scroll down and click Hidden from Timeline
Find your hidden posts from desktop:
- Click Filter on the upper left side
- If you know the year when the post was made, select a year
- If you don’t know the year, click All, scroll down in the Categories section, and click on the Hidden From Timeline filter to see all the posts you’ve hidden ever since you created your account.
Unhide Posts of Your Choice
Once you’re in here, you’ll see all the content you’ve once hidden. Find the content you would like to unhide, click it, and select Allowed on Timeline to unhide the post. Your post then will be shown back on your timeline with all of its reactions and comments. Depending on your post’s privacy settings, your Facebook friends, friends of friends or public can now view and/or engage with the post you’ve just unhid.
Hiding and Unhiding a Facebook Page Post
You can also remove posts shared from your Facebook Page by either deleting them or hiding them from your page’s timeline. The same logic applies here; When you hide a post, it will be removed from your Page, but not from your Page’s activity log. Your Page’s activity log is only visible to people with a role on your Page. However; keep in mind that if a post you have hidden was shared by someone else, it may still be visible to the audience it was shared with in other places on Facebook, such as in News Feed and search. Plus; any photos you’ve hidden from your Page’s timeline will still be visible when people visit your Page’s Photos section, it will only disappear from the timeline. If you would like to get rid of the photo, you will need to delete it.
Steps to hide a post:
- Go to the post on your Page’s timeline
- Click … in the top-right corner.
- Select Hide from Timeline.
Steps to unhide a post:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- Click Activity Log in the left column.
- Click next to the post you want to unhide and select Allowed on Page.
Hiding and Unhiding a Facebook Page Comment
Negative comments can also be expected on the Facebook pages of even the most lovable brands. They can hurt your business and your reputation, give other followers wrong information, and even create a big social media crisis. One of the solutions to prevent such social media crisis can be hiding those negative comments and posts. Check this article to learn more about how to manage a social media crisis.
You should consider hiding comments with inappropriate content like racism, sexism, comments with broken links, or sites with viruses and malware. Hiding the comment will keep it hidden from everyone except the author of the comment. They won’t know that their comment is hidden so you avoid potential fallout.
Steps to hide a comment
- Simply find the comment under your post
- Click on … next to the comment
- Click Hide Comment
Steps to unhide a comment
- All the hidden comments will still be visible to you under the posts
- Simply find that comment
- Click Unhide
Manage your Facebook Pages in one place
Schedule your posts, engage with your audience, and create export-ready Facebook page reports in one place.
Facebook lets you delete or hide inappropriate content with a few clicks yet we still need to pay attention to everything we write on the Internet.
We also need to pay attention to what others write about us. Keep in mind that Social Media Management Tools make it very simple to find comments that need our attention. Such tools help you listen to the concerns coming from your followers and potential customers.
The ‘hide’ feature gives us the option of removing content temporarily. Who knows, a post you once hid might be important the next day. It’s always good to know how to unhide it, right?